Originally, a map overlay feature is meant for applying your hand-drawn or custom maps on the top of the google map. This creates immersive experiences. But there are other cool usages for the feature.
For example, you can hide a secret location and a question behind the client`s company logo with the map overlay feature on the game area . In this example it is one famous coffee shop.
- Add the desired logo to the game area with the map overlay feature in the “Locations” screen of the game.
- Create a question posing the riddle or task hinting that there is a bonus location. “If you visit the Siren and sit in her lap, you will get extra points you old chap!” It can be more straightforward “In this game is a hidden location that gives 20 extra points. You will find it when you visit the Siren.” Put this “no answer” question to a random place in the game area. Or share this piece of info in some questions after the answer comment .
- Create a question and change the radius as well pin to no pin/ transparent. Add the invisible location on the map to the spot of the logo.
- While creating an event, add the transparent blank image as the event based logo. This way the only logo displayed is the one you added with the map overlay. Otherwise your own logo or if it is not added, Loquiz logo is displayed.
- Test the hidden location within the game.Hopefully this gave you some inspiration how to use images in games and make a creative journey into the picture.