New feature – task background sound allows you to add any background sound to any task. It will play automagically when task opens and you can choose it to be played once (like a blast or bell) or to be looped (like clock ticking) during the time when the task is open. Custom background sound will be available on 21st of May.
So instead of the “doorbell” sound you can define your own or use “no sound” if you prefer. In fact it is important to know that “no sound” will be default to all the tasks created till now and for all the new tasks as well. So until you deliberately set the sound for the task, nothing is played. Technical information about the subject is here.
There are four built in options and the ability to upload your own sound. You can use batch edit to assign the same sound to several tasks. Recommended sound format is mp3 or wav and the maximum file size is 1MB at the moment.
Some use cases
- Getting rid of the “doorbell”. All tasks are defaulted to “no sound” on next update. To keep the doorbell, assign the built in “bell” sound to the tasks.
- Creating urgency with timer. Use built in “clock ticking” or upload your own. Set audio to loop.
- Use blast to get the attention. One blast is built in for you.
- Give background information as voice-over and keep the written information short.
- Theme the tasks with accompanying sounds.
- Give additional hints and clues over sound.
- Make an audio guide 😉
For Loquiz this is new functionality so please test your games.
Also keep in mind that sound files will be downloaded during the start of the game. Using sound extensively will make the download much bigger. It is a good idea to use the special sounds in cases when you know that you have good connectivity.
The custom background sound will be available from 21st of May. Please keep in mind that after the update your tasks will not play doorbell. If you are not happy with silence, set one of the built in sounds for the tasks.
As always all the feedback is welcome at email@example.com.
Photo by Jens Mahnke from Pexels