When you facilitate a game and observe where players run you can set up bombs on their way during the game.
1) Create a handful of superpower bomb tasks. In this use case these tasks have to have a transparent icon and radius so these tasks are not visible on the map for the players during the game.
2) Save QR codes of these tasks to your computer (and optionally print because you can scan QR from the screen also).
3) When you create a game, place these superpower tasks on the map in the Locations step and make sure to assign them 0m radius so these can not be activated by GPS. This means players will never acquire these bombs but you as a facilitator can use them on players!
4) Now during the game, you have to join the game as one team. For example, you choose a team name “Game instructor Jane”.
5) You can observe from the results maps view how teams are moving. In the middle of game you scan a QR of one of the superpower bomb tasks and can place a bomb anywhere on a teams’ way!
Final note. It makes sense to brief players in the rules or in chat what happens if they step on the bomb.
I haven’t had a chance to try out this idea in a live event with humans. Try it out and share the outcomes in the comments below!
Starbucks’ gamification wasn’t there from the beginning of its story but it made it a success. Starbucks’ first store was...
If you’re interested in tech news, you might hear a lot about Artificial Intelligence (also known as AI) lately. And...
As game creators, we want to compose the best music for our games. However, not many of us are actual...
Sign up and create games, tours, team events and educational content that captures peoples' attention
Start from the scratch or use templates to kickstart!