When you facilitate a game and observe where players run you can set up bombs on their way during the game.
1) Create a handful of superpower bomb tasks. In this use case these tasks have to have a transparent icon and radius so these tasks are not visible on the map for the players during the game.
2) Save QR codes of these tasks to your computer (and optionally print because you can scan QR from the screen also).
3) When you create a game, place these superpower tasks on the map in the Locations step and make sure to assign them 0m radius so these can not be activated by GPS. This means players will never acquire these bombs but you as a facilitator can use them on players!
4) Now during the game, you have to join the game as one team. For example, you choose a team name “Game instructor Jane”.
5) You can observe from the results maps view how teams are moving. In the middle of game you scan a QR of one of the superpower bomb tasks and can place a bomb anywhere on a teams’ way!
Final note. It makes sense to brief players in the rules or in chat what happens if they step on the bomb.
I haven’t had a chance to try out this idea in a live event with humans. Try it out and share the outcomes in the comments below!
Good news! Not long ago, we shared some opportunities on how to measure the game area. https://loquiz.com/blog/2019/12/how-to-measure-the-game-area/ But now it...
Sign up to discover new game ideas. With quick-start templates, you will be running your first game in minutes.Try for free