Loquiz has had so far 7 question types to put your content into. Now make it 8 because the newest question type, an Activity station has arrived! As many games have the focus on real-life interactions then one of the most anticipated new question types has been the Activity station.
The Activity stations happen usually in real life with an instructor being present in person. After a team completes tasks, they are given points- the amount of the points depends on how well they completed the task. This means that the points the team receives might depend on:
The two most important aspects of the Activity station question type in Loquiz are:
1) It allows the instructor on spot to give a different amount of points to the teams according to their performance.
2) It opens up the question and displays it like any other type of questions does. But it allows also to close the question/task and for the team to return later to complete it. It is handy when there is a queue at the instructor spot. Then the team can choose to close down the question, the pin stays on the map (question list) and the team can return to the task later during the game.
How to use?
1) Create a question. Write a task. Like
“Welcome to a marshmallow challenge! Find an instructor and he/she will tell you what to do. He / she will take your smart device to enter the score after you have completed the activity!”
2) Choose the question type: an activity station. Add the instructor password that enables the instructor confirm given points during the whole game. Add maximum points the instructor can give in this location.
3) Add under Comments and clues tab an Intro opening bit what is happening there: “In this location you have to do a team task where each team member must utilize their strength!”. The Intros are displayed when during the game a player taps on the map pin. This helps the team to decide whether they want to visit the location and what is expected from them there.
4) Perhaps change the icon under Additional settings tab to the team icon or another icon you wish, to indicate locations that have the instructor.
5) Save the question
During the game when the team arrives in the Activity station location, a question/task opens up. Now the team has two options a) perform the task b) close the question screen and return at some other time.
After performing the task the instructor can add points value and then enter the security code and press ok to confirm it.
In the following posts we will discuss different types of scoring systems as well some cool activities for instructed locations.
Sign up to discover new game ideas. With quick-start templates, you will be running your first game in minutes.Try for free