Clue game enables you to build games that are based on the list of questions. You can create in- and outdoor games, although map is not shown to the players. Players can open questions by choosing them from the list, entering the keycode or going to the specific location. Players decide in what order questions will open.
How does the Clue game work?
Players see the list of all questions and also their scores. It is possible to make questions open with:
+Just clicking – general question opens directly when players click on it. Once the question is opened, players need to answer it.
+Entering a secret code (number or text) If codes are added to the question then when players click on the question, dialogue asking for the code pops up. In case correct code is entered, question opens. If the code is not correct player can try again unlimited times. Code dialogue can be closed and players can try to open this question later. To add code to the question, then while editing the game, go to “Codes” page and insert the codes to “Solution” text box near the right question.
+By going to the right location Location-specific question has location attached to it. Question opens when players go outdoors in a specific place. Question’s intro text should be used to guide players to the right place as map is not shown to the players.
+Scanning QR or EAN code.
+Entering into the range of a beacon.
Once a question is answered, it disappears from the clue game list.
Every correct answer to the questions gives points.
What exactly is shown on the question list?
In Clue game players see the questions’ list but you can choose what text is displayed there instead of question’s text.
- Questions’ text is shown if nothing else (intro, navigation clue) is not set.
- Intro text is shown instead of the question text if intro is set for the question. You can change question’s intro text when you open the question and go to “Comments and clues” -> “Intro”.
- Navigation clue (if set) is shown instead of intro text and question text. Use navigation clue to overwrite question’s text and intro. To add navigation clue to the question, go to edit clue game, then “Codes” page and after the right question, insert navigation clue.
NB 1! If code is entered, then this question can only be opened by inserting the correct code. If code is not added to the question, then this question can be opened straight away.
NB 2! For location-specific questions, you can not enter the code nor navigation clue. Use intro in question instead to share information where to go.
How to create a game?
1. Add questions (and put in the right order).
2. On “Codes” screen, define codes and/or add navigation clues (optional).
3. Modify game’s settings (game name, welcome text, finish text, time limit, language, overwrite question timers if needed, decide how incorrect answers behave and limit hints).
Finish off with creating an event and you are done.
Game ends when all the questions are answered or game time runs out.
Sample intro text
This is just a sample. Make your own depending on what exactly you want to achieve!
Welcome to our hotel adventure!
Your goal is to get the highest score.
In the questions’ list you see the amount of points every correct answer gives you. If you answer incorrectly same amount of points is taken away from you **(or alternatively you can choose to create a game where zero points are given for the incorrect answer). Some questions can be opened directly. Once the question is open you have to answer it though. Some questions need a code to open. You might need to go to specific place or talk to people to get the keycode. You can try to guess the keycode as many times as you want. Some questions open in the specific locations outdoors.
You are responsible for your own safety. Keep your eyes open and do not engage in anything that is dangerous!
If help is needed contact the instructor on her mobile (+12345678)