Different games have slightly different settings, but majority of the settings are the same for all game types. This explains the general game settings and game type specific differences
This is the name of the game. It is not actually shown to the clients nor on the results pages. It is for inner reference only, so make it understandable.
Intro text is shown as a first thing when game is started. It is also accessible throughout the game by pressing info button. Rules, safety notice, instructor phone etc. should go here.
Finish text is shown when the game is over. Exact behaviour depends on game type:
- Quiz – shown when game time is over or all questions are answered wherever player is.
- Clue – shown when game time is over or all questions are answered wherever player is.
- Rogain – only shown when game time is over or all questions are answered an player is physically at finish location!
- Strategy – only shown when game time is over or player has reached the finish in a game and is physically at finish location.
- Scavenger – shown when finish pin is visible on the map, and player goes there physically. Then game ends and finish message is shown.
Game language setting determines in what language the application texts are shown to player. All the app help texts (apart of actual question information) is presented in this language.
Game time limit
Allows to set game time limit. When game time limit is set countdown timer is shown on screen. When timer reaches zero game ends quiz and clue games end with finish message. In outdoor games all map pins disappear, only finish remains. When player goes to the finish clock stops and finish message is displayed.
If game time limit is not set, then game time is shown in application and game can go on forever potential.
Start field (only in strategy game)
In strategy game start field can be defined
- Random from 1 to 6 (default) – if this is chosen random starting field is assigned to every team from 1 to 6 (dice toss). This is to drive teams to different locations in the beginning of the game.
- Specify field – any field can be specified as starting field in strategy game.
Starting fields [a,b,c,d…] (only in scavenger game type)
In scavenger game type unlimited amount of starting fields can be chosen (from activation screen). Here you can set the following setting:
Rotate starting fields between teams – if it is chosen then every team starting will get the separate starting point from the available starting fields. They are assigned in sequence a, b, c and then it starts from the start a,b,c,a,b etc.
Allow chatting (beta – only on Android at the moment)
Allows chatting between teams and game instructor. More information here.
Tags are for filtering purposes only. They are not shown to the players.
Question time limits
Allows for overriding question timers
- No time limits – removes timers from all the questions
- Limits on all questions – forces predetermined time limit in seconds to all the questions in the game
- Question specific time limits (default) -uses timers set within question (if set)
Clues, comments, helpers
Controls what additional question data is shown to players
- Limit hints (when available) – allows for setting game wide limit for the hints
- Show if the answer was correct or incorrect – shows if the answer was correct after answering (this is default in strategy game and can not be changed)
- Show after answer comment if present – shows after answer comment depending if answer was correct or incorrect if present (all games)
- Show correct answer after user answered incorrectly – automatically displays the correct answer to the player after incorrect answer (all games)
- Limit fast forwards (strategy game specific) – this will set the limit of how many times player can open the next question without going there physically (default unlimited)
Controls the scoring in case user answered incorrectly.
- Incorrect answers give 0 points (default)
- Incorrect answers give negative points – negative points equal to the question difficulty (points question would give when answered correctly). If question score is negative then both correct and incorrect answers give negative points if this setting is chosen.
- Display question order on pin- shows questions order numbers as they are in the list of specific game’s “Questions” and “Locations” pages
- Display question score on pin- shows on the pin how many points player gets when answering question correctly
- Display question intro on pin – shows on the pin the short intro which is set under specific question’s “Comments and clues” tab
- Display nothing on pin- nothing is shown on pin, only pins appear for the player on the map
Comments are not shown to the player. They are just for creator reference in case anything needs to be marked down about the game.