Games are created on the Loquiz PRO webpage, but played using events in Loquiz app. It is really easy to start a game – you just need a mobile device, Loquiz app, internet and login credentials.
The following text is about starting games, read more about testing here.
How to start a game?
When Loquiz app is opened, the login screen is displayed. You can see the app version number, make sure you have the latest version!
1. Enter your Loquiz PRO login credentials (email and password) to the app. As a Loquiz PRO user, next you will see the list of all opened events.
Alternatively, you can log in with the game-specific username and password. When logging in using those, only one, the specific game is shown. Game-specific username and password can be edited when a game is created. You can use game-specific username and password to enable somebody outside your organization to play the game you created.
The next screen you will see is the games list where one or more games are shown if you logged in with Loquiz creator email.
2. Press “Load game” to download the game to the device before the players arrive (you need internet for this). Then you have a preloaded game and welcome text displayed when you hand out the tablets to the players.
In all cases the user is logged out right after the game is loaded to the device. So you can safely log in with your own username and password, players cannot open and test other games created by you.
Starting the game and inserting a team name
3. Brief your players about the game before you hand out the devices to the players. They can be divided into teams and have a team leader.
4. Ask team leaders to pick up the device or just hand them out.
5. Let teams insert the team names. For these teams have to press the start button, enter their team name and the game will begin. Entering the team name starts the game timer countdown! In this step, internet connection is needed devices to start playing.
If you facilitate the game on players own devices, then first brief them, let them download the app and then tell them the game-specific username and password to load the game and start.
Read on about Resuming the game and Continuing the game in instructor problem solving page.
Learn about Results page
Starting games with QR code
If Loquiz app is installed, then games can be started using QR reader.
How do start the game with QR code
1. Firstly, create your game and assign a username and a password to it. Save game
2. Then open the game (Edit game) and see the QR code tab. This will give you the QR code to start the game using QR reader in the application on your mobile device.
3. Save the QR to your computer (right-click on the image, save as or Download PDF…) print it out.
4. Now when you scan the QR code, the Loquiz app opens up with the pre-filled username and password. You can log in and you have the game downloaded to the devices.
5. Players arrive and have to just press start.