The superpower is a task type that when activated, will change the game in a certain way for a given time. They act as a superpower in computer game and can be activated by players just by visiting the location where superpower activation is set. After that superpower affects the whole game.
At the moment there are two superpower types – MULTIPLY and TELEPORT. Multiply superpower will multiply all the scores within a game for a given time. So if a team is quick they can get much bigger scores by answering tasks when the multiplier is on. Teleport is a superpower that allows clicking anywhere on the map and then the mirror image of you (ghost) is created on the map.
To create a superpower go to:
New Task->Answer Type->Superpower
- Multiply Score
This is the value all point values will be multiplied by. The multiplier must be set, it cannot be zero, but it can be any negative value or positive apart of zero. If it is negative, then it turns all following answers from positive to negative and negative to positive. If the multiplier is smaller than 1, then all the scores will be diminished, if bigger than one then grown.
When this superpower task is activated then it allows to click anywhere on the map and then the mirror image of you (ghost) is created on the map.
From there on the Teleported YOU will activate questions etc.
Your usual location does not activate tasks.
That allows taking tasks from far away.
If next/some other superpower task is activated then ongoing previous one stops and the new one is activated
At the same time, the superpower icon is shown.
If superpower icon does not have a timer, then the icon is shown without the timer.
The flow of the game is following.
- The player enters the superpower area
- Task text is displayed together with OK button
- Then the map is displayed together with the text “choose where you want to be teleported”
- If the player clicks on the map, then we check if this was really what he wanted – yes, no. If no then the new location can be chosen if yes, then proceed.
- Player location is shadowed in a new location and mimics the moves of the actual location. Actual location does not activate tasks, but the teleported location does.
- If the timer is set, then that marks the end of the superpower
- When the timer over or other superpower activated the location comes back to the original location. Everything resumes to normal.
So be careful of using unlimited teleport, only next superpower could stop the ongoing superpower.
To use a bomb, create a game with superpower BOMB. There are no special settings with a bomb superpower. When a bomb is armed the default bomb pin is used, for the task, however, the pin can be chosen by the game creator.
When a player picks up a bomb, he can place and arm it anywhere on the map. If somebody enters the activated bomb, then the device will be rendered useless for 2 minutes.
Bomb works also on the player who set it up, so when closing roads with the bomb it will affect their passage as well.
Note that bombs placed during play in test mode will also stay on the map for players as a trap. For removing bomb areas simply use the fake location to activate them.
This is the time for how long the Superpower will be active, if empty then the superpower is active till the end of the game or till next superpower is activated.
Also, make sure to fill in Task text – this will be the intro text players see when superpower activates.
Superpower in a map game
The game creator will assign a location to a superpower as to any other content piece.
For players within map games, the superpower is just another location. When they go to that location, then the task pops up with your custom message. When players push OK, then the content item is closed, timer and superpower icon is brought to map and in case of a Multiply all the scores (if visible) is multiplied with the multiplier. Any task the team activates within the given time will have a multiplied score.
Superpowers in a quiz and clue game
For clue and quiz game types the multiplier will act as a regular task but will change the behaviour of the following tasks for a given time.
Teleport and Bomb should not be used in Quiz and Clue game
- If superpower timer is missing then the superpower is active till the end of the game or when another superpower is activated.
- There can only be one superpower active at any one time – superpower activated later will override the previous one.
- Superpower location can give points itself as well. These are not affected by a superpower. Superpower is activated after the player clicks OK.
- When Superpower is activated Superpower logo and timer are displayed on a map.
- On activity station multiplier superpower changes the scale where the instructor can give the points, it does not multiply scores given by the instructor.