With Loquiz you can create games online on Loquiz PRO webpage and run them on smart devices using Loquiz app. These are the steps to run prepared games:
1. Have a suitable device
Loquiz runs on following devices:
- Android phones and tablets running Android version 4 or higher.
- Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS version 9 or higher.
To play outdoor games your device needs to have GPS function.
It is strongly recommended that your device is equipped with mobile data connectivity (although it might be possible to play Loquiz game without continuous internet connection). Read more about playing offline.
2. Install Loquiz application
3. Open the app and start a game
Start Loquiz by clicking on Loquiz icon.
Application will ask permission to use your location and have access to photos/videos. Allow this to happen. If you have pressed accidentally disallow then you can change it in your device’s settings. See tutorial video how to give rights for app to use your location on iPhone
Log in to Loquiz using your Loquiz PRO webpage username and password (or use event-specific username and password). Choose the game from the list. Clicking “Load” downloads the game to your device.
Clicking “…” enables you two options: “Test” – starts the game for testing purposes, clicking “Resume” allows teams to resume the already ongoing game.
After pressing “Load” games welcome (intro) text is shown. After that you can look at the map and questions’ locations (outdoor games), rules etc. When you press “Start” you will have to enter the team name and players names (optional) and game begins.
4. Observe the game online
In Loquiz all the game’s results and photos/videos are uploaded to the online results table. To access this results table you have two options:
- On Loquiz PRO webpage, go to “Events” list, there you can find “Results” column, choose the specific event and click on its results link.
- Game instructors can access game’s results through the game’s test mode. For this you need to log in with your PRO username (regular username or instructor username). Open game for testing, and in Menu choose Results. Results table is useful for instructor to check is everything working well and how all teams are doing.