In March 2015 Estonian Information Technology Foundation for Education (HITSA) held a competition for schoolchildren. The goal was that schoolchildren themselves would come up with solutions to make learning fun and interesting.
Loquiz was used by one of the teams to take learning out of classroom. They developed around 60 questions in different school subjects and turned them into adventure. They also used well known programming environment Scratch and created computer game for those not willing to move around 🙂
Over 200 projects in total were submitted to the competition. Yesterday the finals took place. All the teams reaching finals presented their project and had a chance to look at other projects.
Loquiz – Scratch team won third place. And their project was called “Learning is a cool thing.” How cool is that!? Outdoor education apps make learning apparently fun!
Congratulations and thanks for using Loquiz!
- Outdoor smart device games for schools- Loquiz as ed tech
- Math game challenge for elementary schools
- Ideas on using QR codes in Loquiz
- PRO is now HTTPS + create location specific question on spot
- Is gamification tech for humans or humans for gamification tech? Designing location based mobile games with a purpose.