In a similar way to us using waterproof clothing to keep us dry in wet weather here are a couple of ideas from our partners on how they are protecting their devices from the rain.
1. Weatherproof and waterproof cases
There are several cases available on the market. When buying one for your model check if it just makes the device robust, or does it also give some protection against the weather. Google and you will find solutions.
2. Protective bag that can be used with many tablet models
We have developed those especially for adventure use. They have been heavily used for 6 months and we have found that they give good protection, especially when it is raining. Having said that, they are not actually waterproof. If it is raining cats and dogs an extra grip bag is used to offer additional protection. Check out the photos…
Bags are available from us as a part of full solution for adventure games providers.
A couple of points we have learned
You just need to avoid getting condensation within the bags.
1. Close the cases in a dry environment (not outside in the rain).
2. Remove the devices from the bags and keep bags open while not in use.
3. Do not allow players to remove the devices while playing.
Other than that you should be good to go.
All in all the solution is probably more weatherproof than a pen and paper approach to adventures.
- Facilitating games at events- using your own devices vs attendees` devices
- Autumn housecleaning for smart devices – updating system software
- What devices should I purchase for the games I run at events? Eventprofs share their experiences.
- Game instructor checklist to facilitating team building games
- User experience thoughts- Loquiz as adventure race app